Monday, July 15, 2019

Summer Time Planning

Remember when I said that I had a plan for this upcoming school year? Well there have been many parts to that plan that I've been working on to get ready!

Trello:

Before I tell you that though, I need to tell you about how Trello has changed my life. Don't know what Trello is, you're about to have your mind blown! Its a list making website. You create your free account and then you can have multiple lists and multiple boards and then you can move things around. Take a look at my current board right now:


So I have a To Do general list for home. Then I have an appointment list so I can keep track of things like I have a hair cut scheduled in a couple of weeks. On my work list, I have all the things that I need to do and just knowing what I need to get done at work really helps me stay on track. Most of the stuff on my work list was a bunch of stuff for the start of before school preservice and as I got them done, I moved them to the list of Ready for Preservice. It was nice because it made me feel accomplished! And you can see I even have a list for Paul. Really, I just keep a list of his work schedule. He doesn't have a set schedule so I like knowing when he's working and plan around his stuff. 

Trello is available on my computer but there is also an app on my phone so I can always be keeping tabs on what I need to do. So Trello is for list makers like me! I LOVE IT!

Getting Organized

So back to making this upcoming school year the best ever, I've been doing some summer time planning! Besides getting organized with Trello, I've organized all my files on my computer AND my Google Drive! That is huge because being organized is definitely something that is going to make it easier to support teachers when they need something.

Calendars and Schedules

Next I went through and created a bunch of calendars and schedules for the school. I updated our school book report schedule, classroom party schedule, the hallway bulletin board schedule for contests this next year, the library sign up schedule, the progress report and report card schedule, and the PLC schedule. I just got everything super organized on that end so teachers can see what's up for their planning so they can get ready to make their own schedule. I thankfully didn't have to make the schedule for specials like lunch, music, and P.E. My school is so huge and those are super complicated!

Preservice

As Instructional Coach, there are several things that I have to present on during preservice. Last year, I knew what I needed to present, but I just wasn't as prepared as I wanted to be. This year, I have made over 21 presentations with activities to be used for preservice. Each presentation is something that the school district requires we talk about during this time, but I wanted to make sure that I covered all my bases and that teachers feel like they got the training that they needed in order to be successful. I mean that is my goal is to make sure teachers are successful.


So that's the first part of my plan to prepare for this upcoming school year.... next up I'll share with you what I've got planned for Instructional Coaching when the year starts!

Thanks for reading! Comment below about what you're doing during the summer to prepare for this upcoming school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment